Matthew Currin is a speaker, trainer, life coach, founder of Convene Communities, retired Marine Corps Helicopter Pilot, former helicopter EMS Pilot, and current Team Penske NASCAR pilot.
Matthew was a leader of Marines as an Officer and aviator. During his career he:
- Flew the CH-46E and was hand selected to become one of the first fleet aviators to fly the V-22 Osprey.
- He spent much of his time in the Marine Corps as an instructor. Matthew became a Weapons Tactics Instructor (WTI). This is the highest qualification for a Marine Corps Aviator.
- Matthew was part of the first Marine forces in Afghanistan in 2001 after 9/11 where he led some of the initial missions for the US while fighting in “Operation Enduring Freedom.”
- In 1999 he also participated in combat operations in “Operation Allied Force” in Kosovo.
- After completing his operational tour he became a flight school instructor at Naval Schools Command Pensacola where he was charged with teaching newly commissioned officers how to fly the TH-57 Bell Jet Ranger.
While part of VMMT-204 he is credited with starting a transformational Crew Resource Management (CRM) and Risk and Resource Management (RRM) program for Marine Corps rotary-wing aviation for all rotary wing assault support aircraft programs. He developed integrated, cross-functional rotary-wing aviation capability requirements to support future strategic Marine Corps Warfighting concepts.
Matthew Currin is a coach, trainer, consultant, podcaster, radio show host and motivational speaker that specializes in:
- Lessons Learned gained through Life Experience
- Providing a real perspective on the importance of decision-making and ‘Sharing of Experience and Knowledge’
Matthew is a subject matter expert on:
- Decision Making and Crew Resource Management
- Scenario Based Training
“Learning how to capitalize on our lessons learned helps others make better decisions in life. This is true in all aspects of life to include topics like relationships, parenting, coaching a soccer team, and all aspects of business”
Matthew was an AirCare Pilot in Helicopter EMS. When flying the EC-130 and EC-135 he works in the Time Critical Decision Making Environment. He flew over 650+ patient flights where peoples lives were hanging in the balance. He practiced what he taught everyday. It was his responsibility as the ‘Pilot in Command’ to safely transport his crew and patient from ‘Scene to Facility’ or ‘Facility to Facility.’ Matthew and his crew were able to operate in a highly demanding environment day or night. Because of the these efforts many lives were saved.
Matthew is currently a helicopter pilot for Team Penske supporting the NASCAR and Indy Car Teams.
He has a Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a minor in Communications from UNC- Greensboro. A Masters Degree in Humans Service Counseling- Life Coaching from Liberty University.
He resides in Winston-Salem, NC with his wife Tisha and three children.
To inquire about booking Matthew for an speaking appearance or keynote, contact us with dates and information about your event by calling 1-910-478-5400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org