With over 25 years in the training and education field, Dr. Williams has led, taught, and developed individuals and teams in various corporate, academia, government, and community organizations. She is exceptionally skilled at developing and maintaining collaborative customer, agency, and stakeholder relationships. Her keen awareness of client and customer needs enable her to develop strategies to maximize organizational training resources.
Dr. Williams is a change catalyst. Through educational leadership she continually seeks to inspire and motivate instructors and learners to reach their full potential. She has held organizational leadership positions on the local and state levels, and worked as a team member on several national research projects. Dr. Williams has professional and educational travel experiences, both nationally and internationally.
She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Meredith College, a Master of Education from North Carolina State University, and a Doctorate in Adult Education from North Carolina State University.
She is married with two children and resides in the coastal region of North Carolina.
Additional Training & Leadership Experience
- Mentoring and Monitoring Instructors (2010)
- Design and Delivery of Instructor Led Training (2010)
- USMC Basic Instructor Training Course (2010)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Course (2006)
- Certified Matrixx System Facilitator National Curriculum and Training Institute (2005)
- Distinguished Service Award National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (2001)
- Distinguished Service Award NC Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (2001)
- Academy of Outstanding Faculty Engaged in Extension NCSU (2000)
- State President NC Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (2000)
- Chairman Duplin Partners for Health (1997-1999)
- Ada Dalla-Pozza Professional Development Endowment (1998)
- Appointed by NC Governor Hunt to the NC Child Care Commission (1994-1998)
- NCSU Outstanding Extension Service Award (1995)